Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Could Careless vs. Couldn't Care Less


Bitch, you don't seem to understand that your grammar is atrocious.

First of all, the phrase you are looking for is: "I couldn't care less." And not only did you phrase it incorrectly but you also used the WRONG word.

Care less and careless have two completely different meanings. Careless means to do something without care; not paying attention, doing something hastily with no regard to the result; careless. Care less, however, holds a different meaning and when you say you *could* care less it means that you are capable of caring more about caring less - I could care less, if I wanted to, I am capable of it.

What you really mean is you *couldn't* care less. If you couldn't care less that means you are incapable of caring any less about something than you already do - you have reached the lowest level of caring possible and could not care any less than you already do.

Think of it this way: Can and cannot. I can/could care less vs. I cannot/couldn't care less. Ask yourself, "Could I care less what you think about me? No, I cannot, therefore, I couldn't care less what you think about me."

Now, let's move on to about what/about me...It's just too much. Let's just re-write this entire meme so that it sounds good and you actually seem like a force to be reckoned with. Here:

BITCH, you don't seem to understand that I really couldn't care less what you think about me.

Ooooh, SNAP! It sounds good and it's forceful.

I do give you credit for using a comma correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment